- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces beef top round steak
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 - 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot, thinly bias sliced
- 3 cups small broccoli florets or 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch-long pieces
- 1 small red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 green onions, bias-sliced into 2-inch lengths (1/4 cup)
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. If desired, partially freeze beef for easier slicing. Trim fat from beef. Thinly slice beef across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. For sauce: In a small bowl, stir together beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and ginger; set aside.
2. Lightly coat an unheated wok or large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and carrot; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and sweet pepper; stir-fry about 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
3. Carefully add oil to wok. Add beef; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Push beef from center of wok. Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
4. Return vegetables to wok. Add green onions. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce; heat through. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings (1 cup beef mixture with 1/2 cup rice per serving).
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 274,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 32,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 34,
- fiber (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 20,
- sodium (mg) 552,
- Vegetables () 2,
- Starch () 2,
- Very Lean Meat () 2,
- Fat () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet