Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
- If desired, partially freeze beef for easier slicing. Trim fat from beef. Thinly slice beef across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. For sauce: In a small bowl, stir together beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and ginger; set aside.
- Lightly coat an unheated wok or large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and carrot; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and sweet pepper; stir-fry about 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Carefully add oil to wok. Add beef; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Push beef from center of wok. Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return vegetables to wok. Add green onions. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce; heat through. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings (1 cup beef mixture with 1/2 cup rice per serving).
Nutrition Facts (Ginger Beef Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 274 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 32 mg chol.,
- 552 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet