Ginger Beef Lettuce Wraps
pound beef flank steak or boneless beef top round steak
medium yellow or green sweet pepper, seeded, cut in bite-size strips
small zucchini, trimmed and cut in thin bite-size strips
cup ginger beer or ginger ale
tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoons canola oil
tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
Bibb or leaf lettuce leaves (about 2 heads)
cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Trim fat from beef. For easy slicing, wrap and freeze beef 30 to 45 minutes or until firm. Thinly slice beef across grain; place slices in self-sealing plastic bag. In a second self-sealing bag combine sweet pepper, zucchini, and onion.
- For marinade, in bowl combine ginger beer, soy sauce, and garlic. Divide marinade between beef and vegetables. Seal bags; turn to coat each. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, turning bags occasionally. Drain marinades into bowl. Stir in cornstarch; set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick wok or extra-large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger; stir-fry 15 seconds. Add vegetables; stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables. Add half the beef to wok. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is slightly pink in center. Remove beef. Repeat with remaining beef. Return all to wok, away from center. Stir marinade mixture; add to center of wok. Cook until bubbly. Toss beef and vegetables to coat. Remove from heat.
- To serve, divide beef and vegetables among lettuce leaves, top with cilantro, and roll up. Makes 12 wraps (4 servings).
Nutrition Facts(Ginger Beef Lettuce Wraps)
- Per serving:
- 258 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 46 mg chol.,
- 517 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet