French Pot Roast
2 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
tablespoon cooking oil
medium carrots, peeled and cut crosswise into 3-inch pieces
medium potatoes, quartered
medium onions, cut into wedges
tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
cup bottled French salad dressing
cup canned beef broth
cloves garlic, minced
- Trim fat from beef; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown beef roast on all sides in hot oil in a large skillet.
- Place carrots, potatoes, and onions in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with tapioca. Place roast on vegetables. Combine salad dressing, broth, and garlic; pour over roast and vegetables.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours.
- Transfer beef and vegetables to a large serving platter. Serve cooking liquid with beef and vegetables. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(French Pot Roast)
- Per serving:
- 498 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 101 mg chol.,
- 672 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 40 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet