Fontina-Stuffed Meatball Kabobs
- In a large bowl combine egg, Parmesan cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add ground beef and prosciutto; mix well. Divide mixture into 16 portions. Form each portion around a Fontina cheese cube to make a meatball. On sixteen 8- to 10-inch skewers,* thread meatballs, artichokes, mushrooms, and tomatoes, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Prepare Balsamic Glaze; set aside.
- For charcoal grill or gas grill, grill kabobs on the greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until meat is done (160 degrees F), turning once and brushing with half of the Balsamic Glaze halfway through grilling.
- To serve, drizzle kabobs with the remaining glaze and, if desired, garnish with basil.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to threading with ingredients.
- In a small saucepan combine vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 4 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Fontina-Stuffed Meatball Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 269 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 91 mg chol. ,
- 673 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 24 g pro.