Firehouse Meat Loaf
- In a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, the 1/2 cup pasta sauce, garlic, and rosemary. Remove casings from sausage, if using. Add ground beef and sausage; mix well. Press two-thirds of the mixture evenly in the bottom of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
- Make a 1/2-inch indentation down the center of the meat mixture. Place the cheese cubes in indentation. Pat remaining meat mixture evenly over top.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 55 to 60 minutes until no pink remains and until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the loaf registers 170 degree F. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- To serve, transfer meat loaf to a platter. Drizzle top with the 2 tablespoons pasta sauce Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons shredded cheese. If desired, garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare meat loaf as directed, except do not bake. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, bake meat loaf, uncovered, about 1 hour or until no pink remains and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat loaf registers 170 degree F.
Nutrition Facts(Firehouse Meat Loaf)
- Per serving:
- 328 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 113 mg chol.,
- 541 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet