- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup bottled pasta sauce with vegetables and/or herbs
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 ounces Italian sausage, pork sausage links, or ground beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 ounces provolone or mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons bottled pasta sauce with vegetables and/or herbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
1. In a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, the 1/2 cup pasta sauce, garlic, and rosemary. Remove casings from sausage, if using. Add ground beef and sausage; mix well. Press two-thirds of the mixture evenly in the bottom of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
2. Make a 1/2-inch indentation down the center of the meat mixture. Place the cheese cubes in indentation. Pat remaining meat mixture evenly over top.
3. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 55 to 60 minutes until no pink remains and until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the loaf registers 170 degree F. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. To serve, transfer meat loaf to a platter. Drizzle top with the 2 tablespoons pasta sauce Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons shredded cheese. If desired, garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs. Makes 6 servings.
- Prepare meat loaf as directed, except do not bake. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, bake meat loaf, uncovered, about 1 hour or until no pink remains and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat loaf registers 170 degree F.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 328,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 113,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 8,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 25,
- vit. A (RE) 93,
- vit. C (mg) 5,
- sodium (mg) 541,
- calcium (mg) 101,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet