Espresso-Rubbed Steak with Green Chile Pesto
- Score both sides of steak by making diagonal cuts in a diamond pattern. In small bowl combine chili powder, salt, espresso powder, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper. Sprinkle over steak; rub in.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until very hot; add steak. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 12 to 14 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) or 14 to 16 minutes for medium (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through. Transfer to cutting board. Cover loosely with foil; keep warm while preparing Green Chile Pesto .
- To serve, thinly slice steak against grain. Pass Green Chile Pesto. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves. Makes 8 servings.
Green Chile Pesto
- Cut Anaheim peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems, seeds, and membranes.* Coarsely chop peppers. In a food processor combine chopped peppers, cilantro, cheese, pine nuts, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cover and process until mixture is finely chopped. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. With processor running, add oil in a steady stream through feed tube to form a coarse paste.
Nutrition Facts (Espresso-Rubbed Steak with Green Chile Pesto)
- Per serving:
- 244 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 31 mg chol.,
- 335 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet