Upload your photo here.
Easy Slow-Roasted Beef Tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 250F. Drizzle meat with oil. Rub garlic evenly over the surface of the tenderloin. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Place rosemary, oregano, and thyme sprigs in the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Add a roasting rack. Place tenderloin on rack.
- Roast tenderloin, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425F. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 135F. Remove from oven. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve roast with Mushroom Tumble and/or Horseradish Cream. Garnish with snipped fresh thyme. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Sea salt is derived from evaporated sea water. It has a bright, pure, clean flavor. Kosher salt is used in the preparation of meat according to Jewish dietary law. Kosher salt comes in flakes, not granules. Because it dissolves easily, its taste isn't as strong as regular salt.
- In a small bowl stir together dairy sour cream, prepared horseradish, salt, and ground black pepper. Serve immediately, or cover and chill for up to 3 days. If refrigerated, let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
- In very large bowl place assorted mushrooms, such as chanterelle, portobello, shiitake, and oyster (halve or slice any large mushrooms and remove any tough stems). Add olive oil, lemon juice, and reduced-sodium soy sauce; toss to combine. In a 12-inch skillet cook mushrooms over medium heat until about 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Slow-Roasted Beef Tenderloin)
- Per serving:
- 316 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 87 mg chol.,
- 238 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet