Easy Mixed Grill
3 ounces beef tenderloin steaks (cut 3/4-inch thick)
sweet Italian sausage link, cut into 1-1/2 to 2-inch slices
jumbo shrimp, 16 to 20 per lb., peeled and deveined
6 inch wooden skewers
cup fresh lime juice or lemon juice
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Fresh cilantro sprigs
recipe Herb Ketchup (see www.bhg.com)
- Place meats and shrimp in resealable bag set in shallow dish. Soak skewers in water.
- In bowl stir together lime juice, garlic, olive oil, cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; pour in bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator up to 2 hours, turning occasionally. Drain; discard marinade. Thread 2 shrimp on each of 2 skewers. Thread sausage on remaining skewers.
- For charcoal grill, place sausages on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill 15 minutes or until juices run clear and no pink remains (160 degrees F), turning frequently. Grill steaks 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare, turning once. Grill shrimp skewers 2 to 3 minutes per side or until shrimp are opaque.
- Place steaks on platter. Add cilantro sprigs. Remove shrimp from skewers; place atop each steak, forming heart shape. Add sausage kabob. Serve with Herbed Ketchup. Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Easy Mixed Grill)
- Per serving:
- 511 kcal cal.,
- 38 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 21 g monounsatured fat),
- 173 mg chol.,
- 833 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet