Looking for a slow-cooked roast recipe that serves just two? This fiery chipotle-seasoned chuck roast is a delicious possibility.
- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 8 hrs (low) or 3-4 hours (high)
small onion, cut into thin wedges
ounces beef chuck roast
teaspoon ground black pepper
clove garlic, minced
16 ounce can (about 3/4 cup) whole cranberry sauce
teaspoon finely chopped canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce*
cup instant brown rice
Fresh jalapeno chile peppers, halved (optional)
- Place onion in a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker. If necessary, cut beef to fit into cooker; add to cooker. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and garlic. Combine cranberry sauce and chipotle peppers. Pour over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours.
- To serve, cook rice according to package directions, except omit salt and butter. Serve beef mixture with rice. If desired, garnish with jalapeno peppers. Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Chipotle Beef)
- Per serving:
- 506 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 101 mg chol.,
- 296 mg sodium,
- 71 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 40 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet