Classic American Pizza
Nonstick cooking spray
recipe Thin Crust Pizza Dough
cup pizza sauce
3 1/2 ounce package pizza-style Canadian-style bacon or thinly sliced, cooked turkey pepperoni
cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella and/or 4-cheese Italian blend cheese
tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Lightly coat a very large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Roll out Thin Crust Pizza Dough according to directions to a 12x8-inch rectangle. Slide onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. If dough has puffed up during baking, prick it generously with the tines of a fork.
- Meanwhile, place sliced mushrooms in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100% (high) power for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring once. Drain mushrooms. Spread partially baked crust with pizza sauce. Top with Canadian-style bacon or pepperoni and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onion. Slice into 6 pieces. Serve immediately.
Thin Crust Pizza Dough
package active dry yeast (2-1/2 teaspoons)
cup warm water (100F to 105F)
tablespoon olive oil
cups bread flour
- In a large bowl combine yeast, sugar, salt, water, olive oil, and flour with a wooden spoon. If needed, use wet hands to quickly work in any remaining flour (do not knead the dough). Cover the bowl with a towel and let stand at room temp for 40 to 50 minutes or until almost doubled in size. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill, covered with the towel, for 2 to 24 hours. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Shape into a ball. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes. Roll dough out to a 12- to 14-inch circle or a 12x8-inch rectangle. Use according to pizza recipes. For your favorite pizza: Transfer dough to a large cookie sheet or pizza pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top as desired. Bake in a 475 degrees F oven for 11 to 14 minutes or until toppings are heated through and/or cheese is melted and crust starts to brown.
Nutrition Facts(Classic American Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 270 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 358 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet