- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In an ovenproof 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven cook ground beef and the 2 cups onion until meat is brown and onion is tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Return meat to Dutch oven.
- Combine pasta sauce, beans, water, chili powder, chocolate pieces, vinegar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and allspice into meat mixture in Dutch oven.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour, stirring once halfway through baking.
- To serve, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve chili over cooked pasta. If desired, sprinkle with cheese and additional onion.
Nutrition Facts (Cincinnati-Style Chili )
- Per serving:
- 257 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 36 mg chol.,
- 277 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet