pounds lean ground beef
cups chopped onion (2 large)
26 ounce jar tomato and garlic pasta sauce
15 ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
tablespoons chili powder
tablespoons semisweet chocolate pieces
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon cayenne pepper
teaspoon ground allspice
pound packaged dried cut ziti or gemelli pasta
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Chopped onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In an ovenproof 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven cook ground beef and the 2 cups onion until meat is brown and onion is tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Return meat to Dutch oven.
- Combine pasta sauce, beans, water, chili powder, chocolate pieces, vinegar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and allspice into meat mixture in Dutch oven.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour, stirring once halfway through baking.
- To serve, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve chili over cooked pasta. If desired, sprinkle with cheese and additional onion.
Nutrition Facts(Cincinnati-Style Chili )
- Per serving:
- 257 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 36 mg chol.,
- 277 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet