- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft rye bread crumbs (1 slice)
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons beer, milk, or water
- 2 tablespoons purchased pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Sliced provolone or mozzarella cheese (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs; cheese; beer, milk, or water; pesto; nutmeg; and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Form into a loaf, and place in an 8x4x3-inch loaf pan.
2. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until meat is done (160 degree F).
3. Remove from oven. Transfer to a platter. If desired, diagonally halve slices of provolone or mozzarella cheese. Place three cheese triangles on top of meat loaf. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Makes 4 servings.
- For safety's sake, ground meats (pork, veal, or beef) need to be cooked to 160 degree F; ground poultry (chicken or turkey) should be cooked to 165 degree F. An easy way to check the temperature of ground meat dishes is to use an instant-read thermometer. Insert the thermometer about 1/4 inch into the loaf for 10 seconds.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 341,
- Fat, total (g) 22,
- chol. (mg) 141,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 6,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 29,
- sodium (mg) 338,
- Starch () 1,
- Lean Meat () 4,
- Fat () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet