Cappuccino Pot Roast
- Trim fat from roast; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on meat. Set aside.
- In 6-quart slow cooker combine carrots, onions, garlic and jalapeno peppers. Place roast on top of vegetables.
- In medium bowl combine coffee, seasoning mix, balsamic vinegar, bouillon, and bay leaf. Pour over roast in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; cover and let rest 10 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to serving dishes (remove and discard bay leaf); cut up meat and add to bowls. Using a wire mesh strainer, strain sauce, reserving 2 cups. Place sour cream in a medium bowl; whisk in the 2 cups sauce. Spoon some sauce on beef; pass remaining. Sprinkle with Germolata. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Because hot chile peppers, such as jealapenos, can burn skin and eyes, wear plastic or rubber gloves when handling them. If using bare hands, wash well with soap and water immediately after.
- In a small bowl combine parsley, lemon peel, and garlic.
Nutrition Facts (Cappuccino Pot Roast)
- Per serving:
- 530 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 15 g monounsatured fat),
- 127 mg chol.,
- 1084 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet