Cajun Steak Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries
20 ounce package frozen sweet potato fries
Salt and ground black pepper
8 ounces trimmed ribeye steaks or boneless beef top steak, cut 1/2 inch thick
teaspoons Cajun or blackening seasoning
ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
Sliced green onion (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread sweet potato fries in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut steaks in half crosswise. Coat both sides of steaks with 1-1/2 teaspoons of the seasoning. Heat a cast-iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steaks in hot skillet for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, molasses, and remaining seasoning.
- Place one steak portion on each roll half. Top with some of the sauce, tomato slices, and green onion slices. Serve remaining sauce with fries.
Nutrition Facts(Cajun Steak Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries)
- Per serving:
- 583 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 55 mg chol.,
- 856 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet