Cajun Pot Roast with Maque Choux
2 pound boneless beef chuck roast
tablespoon Cajun seasoning
10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
large green sweet pepper, chopped
medium onion, chopped
teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
teaspoon ground black pepper
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning evenly over all sides of the meat; rub in with your fingers. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Place meat in the slow cooker. Add frozen corn, sweet pepper, onion, sugar, hot pepper sauce, and black pepper. Pour tomatoes over mixture in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker. Drain vegetables, discarding cooking liquid. Serve meat with vegetables. Makes: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts(Cajun Pot Roast with Maque Choux)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 90 mg chol.,
- 311 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet