Blue Cheese Burger Kabobs
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
cup coarsely chopped parsley (1/2 of a small bunch)
pound ground sirloin or 85 percent lean ground beef
ounces coarsely crumbled blue cheese
6 ounce package large cremini mushrooms
tablespoons olive oil
hamburger buns, split
Blue cheese wedges (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, wine, Worcestershire, parsley, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Add meat; mix well. Gently stir in crumbled blue cheese until just combined. Form meat into 12 meatballs. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- On four 12-inch presoaked skewers, thread meatballs, red onion and mushrooms, leaving a quarter inch between pieces. Brush onion and mushrooms lightly with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- For charcoal grill, place kabobs on a greased grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill 14 to 16 minutes or until meat is no longer pink (160 degrees F), carefully turning once halfway through grilling. Add hamburger buns and grill the last 1 to 2 minutes until toasted. (For a gas grill, preheat grill; reduce heat to medium. Cover and grill as above).
- Serve kabobs with buns, arugula, and blue cheese wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Blue Cheese Burger Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 571 kcal cal.,
- 34 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 18 g monounsatured fat),
- 64 mg chol.,
- 813 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet