- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 350°F
Beef Stroganoff Casserole
ounces dried campanelle or penne pasta
17 ounce package refrigerated cooked beef roast au jus
large fresh portobello mushrooms, stems removed and coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
medium sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons tomato paste
14 ounce can beef broth
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
teaspoon smoked paprika or Spanish paprika
teaspoon ground black pepper
8 ounce carton sour cream
tablespoon prepared horseradish
teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, remove meat from container, reserving juices. Using two forks, shred meat into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour and tomato paste. Gradually stir in meat juices, broth, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of the sour cream.
- Stir shredded meat and mushroom mixture into cooked pasta. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3-quart casserole. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining sour cream, horseradish, and snipped or dried dill. Serve with meat mixture. If desired, garnish with dill sprigs. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Beef Stroganoff Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 485 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 72 mg chol.,
- 770 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet