Beef Stew with Butternut Squash
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add meat pieces, a few at time, shaking to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown meat in hot oil. Drain off fat.
- In 3-1/2- to 4-1/2-quart slow cooker, combine meat, potatoes, squash, onions, and garlic. In a large bowl, combine broth, vegetable juice, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sugar, paprika, pepper, and allspice. Pour over meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in green beans or peas. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Beef Stew with Butternut Squash)
- Per serving:
- 304 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 48 mg chol.,
- 456 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet