- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound tiny new potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 ounce can beef broth
- 1 cup vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 9 ounce package frozen Italian-style green beans or 2 cups frozen peas
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add meat pieces, a few at time, shaking to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown meat in hot oil. Drain off fat.
2. In 3-1/2- to 4-1/2-quart slow cooker, combine meat, potatoes, squash, onions, and garlic. In a large bowl, combine broth, vegetable juice, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sugar, paprika, pepper, and allspice. Pour over meat mixture.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
4. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in green beans or peas. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 304,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 48,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 30,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 19,
- sodium (mg) 456,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet