Upload your photo here.
Beef Ragu with Garbanzo Beans
- In a food processor, combine carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cover and process with on/off pulses until finely chopped; set aside. In a large skillet, cook ground beef in two batches over medium to medium-high heat until browned, using a wooden spoon to break up clumps. Drain fat.
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine cooked ground beef, finely chopped vegetables, undrained tomatoes, broth, drained beans, tomato paste, sugar, salt, Italian seasoning, and 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours. If necessary, skim fat.
- Shortly before serving, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to hot pan. Add meat mixture; toss gently to combine. If desired, serve with cheese and/or additional crushed red pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Beef Ragu with Garbanzo Beans)
- Per serving:
- 385 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 41 mg chol.,
- 904 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet