- Season beef with pepper blend and garlic salt. Slice beef across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices; set aside.
- For marinade, in a large zip-top plastic bag, combine olive oil, orange juice concentrate, pineapple juice, soy sauce, and mustard. Add beef strips to bag. Squeeze out air and seal. Shake bag to distribute marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- For the orange chili sauce, in a small saucepan stir together chili sauce, marmalade, and Worcestershire sauce until well mixed. Simmer over medium heat until marmalade dissolves. Set aside.
- Set up grill for direct cooking over high heat. Remove beef strips from marinade and discard marinade. Thread beef on wooden skewers*, accordion style. Place skewers on hot grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve beef sticks warm with orange chili sauce on the side. Makes 8 appetizer servings (2 Tbsp. sauce each).
From the Test Kitchen
*Soak skewers in warm water 30 minutes before using.
Nutrition Facts (Beef-on-a-Stick)
- Per serving:
- 261 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 449 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet