Asian-Style Pot Roast
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 4- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Drain off fat.
- In the cooker stir together the 1-1/2 cups water, garlic sauce, bouillon granules, and, if desired, sugar. Add sweet pepper, onion, and green beans. Place meat on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a serving platter, reserving juices; cover meat with foil to keep warm.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. For sauce, in a small bowl combine cornstarch and the 3 tablespoons cold water; stir into cooking juices in cooker. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Using two forks, separate beef into serving pieces. Serve meat with the sauce, vegetables, and, if desired, hot cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Asian-Style Pot Roast)
- Per serving:
- 261 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 89 mg chol.,
- 470 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet