Asian Noodle Slaw
ounces multigrain spaghetti or soba (buckwheat) noodles
cup peanut sauce
cup carrot juice
tablespoon finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
tablespoon canola oil
16 ounce package shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
cup shredded carrots
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, return to pan. Using kitchen scissors, snip pasta in small pieces. Cover; keep warm. In a bowl whisk together peanut sauce and carrot juice; set aside.
- In a wok or nonstick skillet stir-fry ginger in hot oil over medium-high heat for 15 seconds. Add broccoli slaw and carrots. Cook; stir for 1 minute.
- Add peanut sauce mixture to skillet. Stir to coat vegetables. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Add pasta. Using tongs, toss to coat. Serve warm. Makes 4 servings.
Beefy Asian Noodle Toss
ounces boneless beef sirloin steak
- Partially freeze the steak. Thinly slice beef across the grain into bite-size strips. Prepare stir-fry as above through Step 2. Remove vegetables from wok. Add beef strips to hot wok. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is brown. Continue as directed in Step 3, adding vegetables to wok with sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts(Asian Noodle Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 285 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 318 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet