Asian Beef Kabobs
pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1 1/4- to 1 1/2-inch cubes
sweet corn, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
baby bok choy (optional)
red, orange, and/or yellow sweet peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
tablespoons peanut oil
tablespoons orange juice
teaspoon cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- Place beef cubes, corn, bok choy, if desired, and sweet peppers in a very large resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, oil, orange juice and cayenne pepper. Add to bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Place in a large shallow baking dish and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain beef mixture, discarding marinade. If using, carefully thread bok choy onto a 12-inch wooden* or metal skewer. Thread beef, corn and sweet pepper pieces alternately onto 8 12-inch wooden or metal skewers.
- For a charcoal grill, grill beef skewers on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 15 to 18 minutes or until beef is of desired doneness, turning occasionally. Add bok choy skewer the last 10 minutes of grilling and turn occasionally. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Add skewers to grill rack; cover and grill as above.)
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 1 hour before using. If using wooden skewers, it is helpful to pierce the corn first with a metal skewer or a paring knife before threading.
Nutrition Facts(Asian Beef Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 311 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 76 mg chol.,
- 363 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet