Apple Bacon Burger
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper toweling.
- Core and finely chop one of the apples; combine in a large mixing bowl with beef and sausage. Shape into 4, 1/2-inch thick patties. Grill directly over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no pink remains.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, and honey. Core and slice remaining apple.
- To assemble the burgers, layer apple slices and grilled burgers on the toasted bun bottoms. Top each with one and a half slices bacon. Spread a generous layer of the mayonnaise mixture on the cut side of bun tops before placing atop burgers. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Apple Bacon Burger)
- Per serving:
- 659 kcal cal.,
- 42 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 16 g monounsatured fat),
- 99 mg chol.,
- 1164 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Anonymous 1158 Days Ago
Delicious, especially with a nice thick slice of extra-sharp white cheddar.