0 did it
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Slow Cook: 8 hrs to 9 hrs (low) or 4 to 4-1/2 hours (high)
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle meat with ancho chile pepper, tossing to coat all sides. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat.
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine frozen stew vegetables and frozen corn. Top with meat. Pour salsa and the water over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. If desired, serve with corn bread.
Nutrition Facts (Ancho-Beef Stew)
- Per serving:
- 302 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 50 mg chol.,
- 842 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet