- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Slow Cook: 8 hrs to 9 hrs (low) or 4 to 4-1/2 hours (high)
pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
tablespoon ground ancho chile pepper
tablespoon vegetable oil
16 ounce package frozen stew vegetables
cup frozen whole kernel corn
16 ounce jar salsa
Corn bread (optional)
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle meat with ancho chile pepper, tossing to coat all sides. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat.
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine frozen stew vegetables and frozen corn. Top with meat. Pour salsa and the water over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. If desired, serve with corn bread.
Nutrition Facts (Ancho-Beef Stew)
- Per serving:
- 302 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 50 mg chol.,
- 842 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet