Share your take on this idea!
Upload your photo here.
Upload your photo here.
Beef Tenderloin with Parmesan-Herb Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. For stuffing, in a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook until shallots are tender. Stir in parsley, snipped rosemary, snipped thyme, and minced garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer shallot mixture to a medium bowl; stir in prosciutto, croutons, and cheese. Season to taste with pepper. Spread stuffing on a large plate or shallow baking pan; cool just until warm to the touch.
- Trim fat from meat. Make a lengthwise cut down the center of the meat, cutting almost to, but not through, the other side. Open the meat like a book. Sprinkle all sides generously with salt and additional pepper, pressing seasoning into meat.
- Spoon stuffing evenly over cut side of meat; fold meat over stuffing to close. Tie about every 2 inches with 100-percent-cotton kitchen string.
- Place a large roasting pan over two burners. Add oil to pan; heat over medium-high heat. Add meat; cook about 4 minutes or until brown, turning once to brown evenly. Remove from heat. Scatter onion, rosemary leaves, thyme leaves, and garlic cloves around meat.
- Roast, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into meat (not into stuffing) registers 135 degrees F for medium rare or 150 degrees F for medium. Transfer meat to a cutting board. Cover with foil; let stand for 15 minutes. (Temperature of the meat after standing should be 145 degrees F for medium rare or 160 degrees F for medium.)
- Meanwhile, for wine sauce, place roasting pan over two burners. Add tomato paste; cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add wine, stirring to scrape up crusty brown bits. Stir in broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced by about half and is slightly syrupy. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Strain sauce into a gravy dish.
- Remove string from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch-thick slices. Serve meat with wine sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Out of shallots? Use an equal amount of chopped onions. Prefer pecorino cheese? Use it in place of the Parmesan. Want to skip the wine? Use 1/2 cup beef broth in its place.
Nutrition Facts (Beef Tenderloin with Parmesan-Herb Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 590 kcal cal.,
- 42 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 19 g monounsatured fat),
- 172 mg chol.,
- 652 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 43 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet