- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Slow Cook: 10 hrs to 11 hrs on low-heat setting or 5 to 5 1/2 hours on high-heat setting
Beef Short Ribs with Tomatoes
pounds boneless beef short ribs
teaspoon garlic salt
3 ounce package dried tomato halves, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
medium carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
medium onions, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
cup beef broth
cups dried egg noodles, cooked and drained
Dried Italian seasoning (optional)
- Trim fat from ribs; cut ribs into 3-inch pieces. Sprinkle garlic salt evenly over all sides of meat; set aside.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker combine tomatoes, carrots, and onions. Place ribs over vegetables, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Add broth.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 5 1/2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove ribs and vegetables from cooker. Skim fat from juices in cooker; discard Serve ribs, vegetables, and cooking juices over egg noodles. Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Beef Short Ribs with Tomatoes)
- Per serving:
- 492 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 167 mg chol.,
- 515 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 44 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet