Beef Nachos with Blender Salsa
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet cook ground beef over medium heat until browned, breaking up any large pieces of meat. Drain fat. Stir in kidney beans, salt, and pepper. Heat through. Remove from heat; cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, set aside 2 tablespoons green onion and 2 tablespoons cilantro. In a blender combine remaining green onions, tomatoes, cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- On a baking sheet arrange chips in a single layer. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with ground beef mixture and about half the salsa. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, top with reserved onion and cilantro.
From the Test Kitchen
Transfer leftover salsa to an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts (Beef Nachos with Blender Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 471 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 86 mg chol.,
- 1019 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet