Tortilla-Black Bean Casserole
- In a large skillet combine onion, sweet pepper, undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, cumin, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in beans.
- Spread one-third of the bean mixture over the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with six of the tortillas, overlapping as necessary, and 1 cup of the cheese. Add another one-third of the bean mixture; top with remaining 6 tortillas and remaining bean mixture.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 10 minutes.
- If desired, top with chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, green onions, and olives, and serve with sour cream.
- Makes 8 main-dish servings
Nutrition Facts (Tortilla-Black Bean Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 295 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 20 mg chol.,
- 689 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet