Tortilla-Black Bean Casserole
- In a large skillet combine onion, sweet pepper, undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, cumin, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in beans.
- Spread one-third of the bean mixture over the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with six of the tortillas, overlapping as necessary, and 1 cup of the cheese. Add another one-third of the bean mixture; top with remaining 6 tortillas and remaining bean mixture.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 10 minutes.
- If desired, top with chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, green onions, and olives, and serve with sour cream.
- Makes 8 main-dish servings
Nutrition Facts (Tortilla-Black Bean Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 295 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 20 mg chol. ,
- 689 mg sodium ,
- 46 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 18 g pro.
Stephi Dalen 1376 Days Ago
This was amazing! So glad I made it tonight :)
Laura Dobbs 1470 Days Ago
OMG, this recipe is so delicious and easy! My mom discovered it about 10 years ago and it's a staple on our table ever since. It's meatless so great for vegetarians, and if you just cook a chicken breast in a pat of butter & salsa, then shred it and serve separately, it makes meat-eaters AND vegetarians happy at mealtime. You can also layer seasoned ground beef or chicken INTO it. It's a very versatile and yummy recipe.