- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato*
- 1/2 cup medium picante sauce*
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- Tortilla or pita chips
1. In medium bowl slightly mash beans; set aside. In medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender. Stir in beans, tomato, picante sauce, chili powder, cumin, and red pepper. Heat through.
2. Stir in cheese until melted; remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve warm with tortilla or pita chips. Makes about 2 cups (32, 1-tablespoon servings).
- 1 vegetable.
- If you like, substitute 1 cup chunky salsa for the tomato and picante sauce.
- Servings Per Recipe 32,
- cal. (kcal) 20,
- Fat, total (g) 1,
- chol. (mg) 2,
- carb. (g) 3,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 75,
- Vegetables () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet