Mexican Black Bean Pizza
10 ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
cloves garlic, quartered
cups shredded Cojack or cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
cup sliced green onion
cup dairy sour cream
- Lightly grease an 11- to 13-inch pizza pan. Unroll pizza dough and transfer to greased pan, pressing dough out with your hands. Build up edges slightly. Prick generously with a fork. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine black beans, cilantro or parsley, 2 tablespoons salsa, cumin, hot pepper sauce, and garlic. Cover and blend or process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides if necessary.
- Spread bean mixture over hot crust. Sprinkle with Cojack or cheddar cheese, chopped red sweet pepper, and green onion. Bake about 10 minutes more or until cheese melts and pizza is heated through.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream and 2 tablespoons salsa. Serve pizza with sour cream mixture. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Mexican Black Bean Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 468 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 50 mg chol.,
- 917 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet