Hearty Tuscan Bean Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small saucepan, cook kale in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked kale, onion mixture, beans, tomatoes, prosciutto, 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs, the sage, garlic, and pepper. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-quart casserole. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons bread crumbs and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle over bean mixture.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Hearty Tuscan Bean Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 20 mg chol.,
- 1560 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 14 g fiber,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet