Enchiladas with Fresh Mango Salsa
You can use tofu or beans in this meatless main dish.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Bake: 40 mins 350°F
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat one 13x9x2-inch (3 quart) rectangular baking dish or two 11x7x1-1/2-inch (2-quart) rectangular baking dishes with cooking spray; set aside. Stack the tortillas and wrap tightly in foil, and bake for 10 minutes or until warm. Or microwave half of the tortillas at a time between 2 pieces of waxed paper on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large skillet cook onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper in hot oil until tender; remove from heat. Stir together 1/3 cup sour cream, the mole sauce, and water; add to skillet along with tofu and half of the cheese. Spoon 1/3 cup of the tofu mixture onto one edge of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam side down, in prepared baking dish or dishes.
- For sauce, in a medium bowl combine the 1 cup sour cream, flour, cumin, and salt; whisk in milk. Pour evenly over filled tortillas.
- Bake, covered, for 25 minutes until heated through. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Serve enchiladas topped with Mango Salsa. Makes 6 servings.
Prepare as above for each member of the club except do not bake. Cover baking dishes with foil. Divide cheese among resealable plastic bags. Prepare salsa as above for each member of the club. (Mango salsa cannot be frozen. If freezing enchiladas, prepare salsa just before serving.) Divide among resealable plastic bags.
Make multiple batches of sauce and filling at the same time. It's also quicker to shred all cheese at the same time. You can make a quadruple recipe of the Mango Salsa in a single bowl as well.
Refrigerate up to 72 hours, or freeze up to 1 month. Chill or freeze remaining cheese separately in resealable plastic bags or freezer bags. If frozen, thaw enchiladas and Mango Salsa in the refrigerator overnight before reheating. To serve, bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Serve with Mango Salsa.
- In a small bowl combine mango, jalapeno or serrano chile peppers, fresh cilantro, and lemon or lime juice. Place in a storage container and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Per serving:
- 824 kcal cal.,
- 35 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 57 mg chol.,
- 1243 mg sodium,
- 98 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet