Black Bean Lasagna
lasagna noodles (8 ounces)
15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
Nonstick cooking spray
cup chopped onion
cup chopped green sweet pepper
cloves garlic, minced
15 ounce can low-sodium tomato sauce or tomato sauce with seasonings
cup snipped fresh cilantro
12 ounce container low-fat cottage cheese
8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
cup light dairy sour cream
Tomato slices (optional)
Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Mash one can of the beans; set aside.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add onion, green sweet pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender but not brown. Add mashed beans, unmashed beans, tomato sauce, and snipped cilantro; heat through.
- In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream; set aside. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole with nonstick coating. Arrange three of the noodles in the dish. Top with one-third of the bean mixture. Spread with one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with bean mixture. Reserve the remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through. Dollop with reserved cheese mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with tomato slices and cilantro, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, up to 1 day, and bake as directed. Or, freeze up to 1 month; thaw frozen casserole in refrigerator overnight, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts(Black Bean Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 340 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 25 mg chol.,
- 589 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet