- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 9 lasagna noodles (8 ounces)
- 2 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15 ounce can low-sodium tomato sauce or tomato sauce with seasonings
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 12 ounce container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1/4 cup light dairy sour cream
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Mash one can of the beans; set aside.
2. Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add onion, green sweet pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender but not brown. Add mashed beans, unmashed beans, tomato sauce, and snipped cilantro; heat through.
3. In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream; set aside. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole with nonstick coating. Arrange three of the noodles in the dish. Top with one-third of the bean mixture. Spread with one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with bean mixture. Reserve the remaining cheese mixture.
4. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through. Dollop with reserved cheese mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with tomato slices and cilantro, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
- Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, up to 1 day, and bake as directed. Or, freeze up to 1 month; thaw frozen casserole in refrigerator overnight, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 340,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- chol. (mg) 25,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 49,
- fiber (g) 8,
- pro. (g) 21,
- vit. A (RE) 216,
- vit. C (mg) 18,
- sodium (mg) 589,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet