Black Bean Lasagna
Cheesy and rich-tasting, this vegetarian casserole recipe will please calorie watchers. To spice it up even more, use chunky chili-tomato sauce. Make-ahead and freezer-friendly, it's the ideal dish to have ready to serve with little notice.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Bake: 40 mins to 45 mins 350°F
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Mash one can of the beans; set aside.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add onion, green sweet pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender but not brown. Add mashed beans, unmashed beans, tomato sauce, and snipped cilantro; heat through.
- In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream; set aside. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole with nonstick coating. Arrange three of the noodles in the dish. Top with one-third of the bean mixture. Spread with one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with bean mixture. Reserve the remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through. Dollop with reserved cheese mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with tomato slices and cilantro, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, up to 1 day, and bake as directed. Or, freeze up to 1 month; thaw frozen casserole in refrigerator overnight, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
- 340 kcal cal.;
- 8 g Fat, total;
- 25 mg chol.;
- 5 g sat. fat;
- 49 g carb.;
- 8 g fiber;
- 21 g pro.;
- 589 mg sodium;
- 4 mg iron;
- 216 RE vit. A;
- 18 mg vit. C
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet