Black Bean Lasagna
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Mash one can of the beans; set aside.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add onion, green sweet pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender but not brown. Add mashed beans, unmashed beans, tomato sauce, and snipped cilantro; heat through.
- In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream; set aside. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole with nonstick coating. Arrange three of the noodles in the dish. Top with one-third of the bean mixture. Spread with one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with bean mixture. Reserve the remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through. Dollop with reserved cheese mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with tomato slices and cilantro, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, up to 1 day, and bake as directed. Or, freeze up to 1 month; thaw frozen casserole in refrigerator overnight, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Black Bean Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 340 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 25 mg chol.,
- 589 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Kate Hall 120 Days Ago
i have made this SO many times with great reviews. I sub a large can of enchilada sauce for the tomatoes.