Big Jim's Baked Beans
cup chopped green sweet pepper
cup chopped onion
21 ounce can pork and beans in tomato sauce, drained
15 ounce can butter, black, or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook green pepper and onion in reserved hot bacon drippings about 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a 1-1/2-quart casserole combine pork and beans, butter beans, half the crumbled bacon, and the green pepper mixture. In a small bowl combine ketchup, honey, and brown sugar. Pour over bean mixture; stir gently to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 60 minutes or until heated through. Stir gently and sprinkle with remaining crumbled bacon before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Big Jim's Baked Beans)
- Per serving:
- 195 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 11 mg chol.,
- 804 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet