- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 6 hrs 30 mins (low) or 3 to 3 1/2 hours (high)
medium green, red, and/or yellow sweet peppers
15 ounce can chili beans with chili gravy
cup cooked converted rice
ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
15 ounce can tomato sauce
- Remove tops, membranes, and seeds from peppers. In a medium bowl, stir together chili beans with chili gravy, rice, and 1/2 cup of the cheese; spoon into peppers. Pour tomato sauce into the bottom of a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Place peppers, filled sides up, in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 6 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Transfer peppers to serving plate. Spoon tomato sauce over peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Bean-and-Rice-Stuffed Peppers)
- 332 kcal cal.;
- 12 g Fat, total;
- 25 mg chol.;
- 5 g sat. fat;
- 42 g carb.;
- 10 g fiber;
- 16 g pro.;
- 918 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet