- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 16 ounce package refrigerated cooked polenta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shiitake, crimini, or white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Cut polenta into four slices, about 3/4-inch thick. Cut slices into shapes such as traingles or hearts, if desired. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with some of the olive oil. Arrange polenta slices on the cookie sheet and brush them with some of the olive oil.
2. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn and brush with a little more of the olive oil. Broil for 4 minutes more or until golden brown.
3. For ragu, cook the mushrooms, green onions, and sweet pepper in the remaining olive oil in a medium saucepan about 5 minutes or until tender. Carefully add chicken broth and ground pepper; bring to boiling. Reduce the heat and cook, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is slightly thickened.
4. To serve, arrange polenta shapes on small plates or platter. Top with warm ragu. Makes 2 side-dish servings.
- 1 vegetable, 1 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
- Servings Per Recipe 2,
- cal. (kcal) 193,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 26,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 6,
- vit. C (mg) 15,
- sodium (mg) 657,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet