- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups tiny marshmallows
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup white baking pieces
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1 recipeMarshmallow Topping (see recipe below) (optional)
- Chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted (optional)
1. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a 4- to 5-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, stirring until melted. Stir in nutmeg. Add crispy rice cereal, white baking pieces, dried cranberries, and the 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, stirring until combined.
2. Scoop mixture into prepared pan. With the back of a greased spoon, press mixture evenly into pan. If desired, drizzle with Marshmallow Topping and sprinkle with additional chopped pecans. Let stand for 1 hour before serving. Cut into bars. Makes 48 bars.
- Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups tiny marshmallows
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, stirring until melted.