- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg or 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate (3 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over pan edges. Lightly coat foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in eggs, one at a time, into slightly cooled mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in dried cranberries. Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle batter with fresh cranberries. Bake in the preheated oven about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle top of bars with white chocolate.
3. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the foil, lift the uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.
- Place bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.