You get lots of rich, nutty, licorice-accented flavor in each bite of these extra crisp low-fat cookies. Serve them as a side dish or snack.
0 did it
- Makes: 32 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cool: 1 hr
- Bake: 20 mins to 25 mins 375°F
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, tarragon, lemon peel, and salt; beat until combined. Beat in egg until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture and the nuts. Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into an 11-inch-long loaf. Place loaves about 5 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten each loaf slightly until 2 inches wide.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown. Cool loaves on cookie sheet about 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Transfer loaves to a cutting board. Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lay slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheets. Bake in the 325 degrees F oven for 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 10 to 12 minutes more or until dry and light brown. Remove and cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts (Tarragon Biscotti)
- Per serving:
- 113 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 8 mg chol.,
- 66 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet