Streusel Strawberry Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over ends of pan; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour and the pecans (mixture will be crumbly). Set aside 2 cups of the pecan mixture.
- Press the remaining pecan mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake crust for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Carefully spread preserves to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle reserved pecan mixture on top of preserves.
- Bake for 35 minutes more or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Icing. Use foil to lift uncut bars from pan; gently pull foil away from sides of uncut bars. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Cover and transport in baking pan. (Or cut into bars and place in a single layer in a shallow container.)
Powdered Sugar Icing
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until icing is of drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Streusel Strawberry Bars)
- Per serving:
- 189 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 23 mg chol.,
- 58 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Kim Holman 83 Days Ago
This is one of my family's favorite holiday cookie bars. Perfect blend of shortbread, fruit and streusel.