- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and chopped pears or apples
- 3/4 cup cinnamon-flavor pieces
- Powdered Sugar Icing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1-1/2 cups of the oats mixture for topping; set aside. Press the remaining oats mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl, combine eggs and granulated sugar. Stir in the 2 tablespoons flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in pears and cinnamon pieces. Spread filling evenly over hot crust. Sprinkle with the reserved oats mixture.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes more or until top is golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Icing. Makes 32 bars.
Yield: about 1 cup
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon light-color corn syrup
1. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and corn syrup. Stir in enough additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach thick drizzling consistency.