- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced rhubarb
- 1 Ginger Icing (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8x8x2-inch baking pan with heavy foil extended beyond pan edges.
2. In large bowl stir together oats, the 1 cup flour, and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup oats mixture. Press remaining on bottom of prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl stir together granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and ground ginger. Add rhubarb; toss to coat. Spread on hot crust. Sprinkle reserved oats mixture; press lightly.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until top is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on rack. Drizzle icing, sprinkle crystallized ginger. Lift from pan; cut into bars. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 2 days. Makes 16 bars.
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 - 4 teaspoons apricot nectar, orange juice, or milk
1. In small bowl sitr together powdered sugar, ginger, and apricot nectar, orange juice, or milk.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 221,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 24,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 32,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. A (IU) 340,
- vit. C (mg) 2,
- sodium (mg) 70,
- Potassium (mg) 99,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet