- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup white baking pieces (optional)
- 1 teaspoon shortening (optional)
- 24 pecan halves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 11x7x1 1/2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set aside.
2. For crust, in a medium bowl, stir together flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl, combine eggs, mixed nuts, brown sugar, maple syrup, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, and maple flavoring. Spread filling evenly over hot crust.
4. Bake about 20 minutes more or until filling is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift the baked mixture out of the pan. Cut into bars.
5. For garnish, if desired, in a large glass measuring cup, combine white baking pieces and shortening. Microwave on 100-percent power (high) about 1 minute or until mixture is melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Spoon or drizzle with white chocolate mixture and top with a pecan half. Makes 24 bars.
- Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.