Malted Mocha Bars
- Heat oven to 350 degree F. Beat together the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Beat or stir in the 1-1/4 cups flour. If necessary, gently knead to mix. Lightly coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray; pat flour mixture evenly onto bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, stir together eggs, granulated sugar, and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Stir in coconut, the 3/4 cup malted milk powder, 1/4 cup flour, 1-1/2 teaspoons espresso powder, the baking powder, and salt. Carefully spread mixture over partially baked layer. Bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for icing beat together powdered sugar, 1/4 cup malted milk powder, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and enough boiling water to make spreading consistency.
- Spread icing over cooled bars. Makes 36 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 1 week or freeze uniced bars up to 3 months; thaw, then ice.
Nutrition Facts (Malted Mocha Bars)
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 28 mg chol.,
- 86 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet