Date-Walnut Honey Bars
recipe Oatmeal Crust (see recipe below)
cup apple jelly
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoon baking powder
eggs, lightly beaten
cups coarsely chopped walnuts
cups chopped pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare Oatmeal Crust.
- In a medium saucepan, combine honey, jelly, and butter. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until butter and jelly are melted, stirring often. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add eggs and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in honey mixture.
- Pour half of the filling over each prepared crust. Spread evenly. Top each with the walnuts and dates. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks. Chill for 30 minutes. Cut each pan into 18 bars. Makes 36 bars.
cup regular rolled oats
- Place oats, sugar, and salt in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until oats are finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle water over mixture. Continue to blend until mixture forms loose crumbs. Press evenly into bottom of two greased 13x9x2-inch baking pans. Bake each pan on the center rack of the oven for 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts(Date-Walnut Honey Bars)
- Per serving:
- 254 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 84 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet