- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 2/3 cup pear nectar or apple juice
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a food processor container. Cover and process with one or two on-off turns to mix. Add butter; pulse several times until fine crumbs form. Add oats; pulse once to mix. (Or combine flour and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in oats.) Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
2. Meanwhile, combine pear nectar and 2/3 cup brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add cranberries. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in nutmeg.
3. Spread cranberry mixture evenly over baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake in preheated oven about 25 minutes or until top is lightly brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 32 bars.
- For easy cleanup and removal of baked mixture from the pan, line the baking pan with foil, extending foil over the pan edges. To remove, just use foil to lift the baked mixture out of the pan. Then cut it into bars.
- Place bars in layers separated by pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw bars, if frozen, before serving.