- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package 2-layer-size white or yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 firm pear, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Easy Orange Frosting
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and orange peel. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds or until combined. Fold in the chopped pear, cranberries, and pecans.
3. Spread mixture in the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Frost with Easy Orange Frosting. If desired, sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Cut into bars. Makes 48 bars.
- Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- 1 15 - 16 ounce can vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine vanilla frosting, orange peel, and ground cinnamon.