- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 recipeBasic Dough (see www.bhg.com)
- 1 1/2 cups mint-flavor semisweet chocolate pieces*
- 1 14 ounce cansweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Prepare Basic Dough; set aside.
2. For filling, in a medium saucepan combine chocolate pieces and condensed milk. Cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
3. Press about two-thirds of the dough into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Spread with filling. Dot remaining dough over the filling. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.
- If desired, substitute semisweet chocolate pieces for the mint-flavor chocolate pieces and add 1/4 teaspoon mint flavoring with the vanilla.
- Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.