- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 10 1/2 ounce package tiny marshmallows
- 1 cup hazelnuts (filberts), toasted and coarsely chopped* or coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil up over the edges of the pan; set aside. In a extra large bowl, combine marshmallows and nuts; set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate pieces, chocolate-hazelnut spread, whipping cream, and butter; heat and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth.
2. Add chocolate mixture to marshmallow mixture; stir to coat well. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan, pressing down lightly. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
3. To serve, remove mixture from pan by lifting foil. Place on a cutting board; cut into 18 bars while cold. Cut each bar diagonally in half. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 36 bars.
- To toast hazelnuts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes or until nuts are toasted, stirring once. Place the warm nuts on a clean kitchen towel. Rub nuts with the towel to remove loose skins.
- Layer bars between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Keep chilled until ready to serve (bars soften at room temperature).
- Servings Per Recipe 36,
- cal. (kcal) 151,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 17,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 25,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet